A lot can be at stake when your romantic partnership breaks down: your hopes and dreams for your relationship, your financial future, your children’s well-being and future, your happiness, your sex life, your sense of self-esteem, and the way you are perceived by your peers, your extended family and society at large to name a few significant things.
Couple’s counselling can help. It can help you to:
- Identify destructive communication habits and develop more constructive ones in their place
- Identify problematic behavioural patterns of which you may not even be aware and learn to conduct yourself in your own best interests as well as those of your partner
- Feel validated as well as teach you how to help your partner feel validated
- Develop greater respect for yourself as well as your partner
- Renew and enhance your emotional and sexual intimacy
- Identify and work towards the goals you have for the relationship
- Identify and manage your tendency to become emotionally overwhelmed or withdrawn when in conflict with your partner
- Keep your relationship (and family) together and thriving, rather than just surviving
- Identify when it is time to end a relationship and how to do so in a sensitive, thoughtful, and constructive manner
There may be other relationships in your life that you would like to improve, for example, parent-child, sibling, or friendships/business partnerships. Relationship counselling can make a big difference.
We draw from a range of models and techniques to help you create the relationship that you want and need depending on your issues and preferences. These include:
- Emotion Focused Counselling Methods
- Non Violent Communication
- Attachment Theory
- Gottman Couple’s Counselling Methods
- Relational Sex Therapy and
- Family Systems Approaches
If you would like to make an appointment or request a free 30 minute consultation to see how we might assist you, please call 1-888-316-0819 (toll free) or fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly. Feel free to indicate your preferences for appointment times in the comments section of the contact form below.